Miami-Dade County currently leads the state with more than 360 confirmed coronavirus cases.The city of Miami has now ordered all residents to “shelter in place” and remain at home until further notice.A news release from the city said all “non-essential travel” in Miami is prohibited, effective at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday. Residents are only allowed to travel to grocery stores, pharmacies, work, and to deliver “essential services.” Miami residents are allowed to participate in outdoor activities during the stay-at-home order, but not in places that have already been closed.Miami Mayor Francis Suarez is one of the residents who tested positive for COVID-19 and he has been in self-quarantine.Suarez updated the public on Tuesday via Twitter:Yesterday, I was retested as part of the official process to be released from quarantine. Here are my results as well as some major announcements regarding new testing and safety measures in the @CityofMiami. pic.twitter.com/EuEhtAJxGr— Mayor Francis Suarez (@FrancisSuarez) March 24, 2020 Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has not imposed a statewide stay-at-home order.
Latest posts by Taylor Vortherms (see all) Part 1: Invisible, incapacitating concussions are sidelining high school athletes – July 19, 2016 Latest Posts BLUE HILL — The George Stevens Academy girls’ basketball team will hold its second annual Toys for Tots fundraiser game on Friday at 7 p.m.The Eagles will host the Deer Isle-Stonington Mariners to raise money and collect toys for the Toys for Tots Foundation, which distributes donated toys to less fortunate children.Admission is free for those who bring a toy to donate. GSA players will use all other proceeds to purchase toys for the foundation.Seniors Cora Gray, Hanna Guttow and Margaret Brooks led the effort of organizing the event after last year’s seniors, Megan Nowland and Alice Dillon, started the new tradition.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text“It’s a great feeling knowing we as a team can make a difference in people’s lives,” Gray said.The three seniors said the holiday season seemed like a good opportunity to give back.“We remembered our childhoods and wanted to do something special,” Brooks said.Last year, the team raised about $1,000 in donations of toys and money. They are hoping for an even bigger turnout this time.“There were so many toys,” Guttow said. “We couldn’t believe how much we could do.”In Bill Case’s 43 years coaching, he said he has never had players so focused on giving back as he has in the past two years.“They’re special,” Case said. “I’m so proud of them.” Taylor VorthermsSports Editor at The Ellsworth AmericanTaylor Vortherms covers sports in Hancock County. The St. Louis, Missouri native recently graduated from the Missouri School of Journalism and joined The Ellsworth American in 2013. Part 2: When the injury is inside your head, some “don’t get it” – July 26, 2016 Bio EHS names new boys’ soccer coach – July 13, 2016 read more
GOLFERS will now have the option of using golf carts while playing competitions or practising at the Lusignan Golf Club’s nine-hole course.The vehicles were handed over yesterday by the Guyana Marriott Hotel (Georgetown), which has collaborated with the LGC to enhance the golfing experience in Guyana.The partnership stemmed from discussions between LGC president Aleem Hussain, Marriott’s General Manager Eduardo Reple and Director of Sales Sandra Bernal.The two carts, which will be available for rental at the East Coast location, carry the Marriott Bon Voy brand.Reple said: “Marriott has always been associated with the development of sports in every country where we are located and offer the best experience for our guests.”The General Manager added that the hotel chain has “over 120 million reward guests in their Bon Voy programme” and that the partnership with the LGC allows the guests to take advantage of quality both on and off property.FUN DAY AND GOLF COMPETITION The Guyana Marriott will also host its first-ever Customer Appreciation Awards, at the LGC on November 3 with a fun day and golf competition. According to Bernal, the event will allow all guests, clients and staff to play with local golfers.“The tournament was the brainchild of our General Manager, who is himself an avid golfer and has seen the value of associating the Marriott brand with golf in Guyana,” Bernal added.Hussain, who has been a pro-active president, said that the sport would continue to grow.“We have projected that more than 400 golfers will be in Guyana over the next few years and are determined to be prepared for this eventuality.”He added that with several international airlines already flying here and several en route, visitors to Guyana would significantly increase. It is anticipated that Guyana will be host to more than 500 000 visitors annually and golf is a key sport for those who are coming and we will be ready!”Assistant Club Captain Joaan Deo later added that the carts would also assist a number of ageing golfers who find it difficult to play 18 holes. “Now they’ll get to play 18 holes and even more.”Deo and the club’s PRO/Assistant Secretary, Guy Griffith, along with several members of Marriott management team and hotel guests witnessed the handing-over ceremony.Information from the club indicates that “interest was extremely high as many of the guests present were both happy and astonished to hear that Guyana has a golf course and several immediately booked appointments to visit the club”.A release from the club added: “In the near future, guests at the Marriott will be able to practise their putting as the agreement between the two entities extends to having a permanent presence at the hotel for guests to enjoy on a daily basis.”For more information on how you may benefit from the partnership, simply stop by the Marriott or sign up online for their Bon Voy rewards programme.The club is into its busy season as it prepares to host its biggest annual tournament – the two-day Guyana Open, which is billed for October 26-27. read more
The honors keep piling up for women’s lacrosse. A day after finishing off a perfect 17-0 regular season with a 14-4 win over UC Davis at McAlister Field on Senior Day, the fifth-ranked Women of Troy had two players receive awards.Junior attacker Michaela Michael was named the MPSF Offensive Player of the Week, while senior defender Courtney Tarleton was tabbed the Defensive Player of the Week.The pair should be used to this by now — this is Michael’s fourth Offensive Player of the Week honor this season and Tarleton’s third weekly award. In all, five members of the roster have received 11 different awards in an accomplished season for the Trojans.Michael continues to score at a torrid pace. She scored 8 goals and dished out three assists last week. Her 86 points — 58 goals and 28 assists — far and away lead the team. She is averaging 3.41 goals per game, ranking 10th in the nation.Tarleton led the country’s top defense by forcing nine turnovers and picking up six ground balls last week.The Trojans went 3-0 last week, beating No. 6 Notre Dame on the road last Monday, No. 9 Stanford at the Coliseum last Friday and UC Davis on Sunday. Their defense came up big in both the Notre Dame and Stanford games, which were both decided by a goal.The Women of Troy look to follow up their historic regular season with a strong postseason. They go into the MPSF Tournament holding the top seed and begin play with a semifinal match against either UC Davis or Denver on Friday at Stanford. read more
Loughmore-Castleiney manager Declan Laffan says his side need to use the two week break before their County Senior Football Semi-Final to “fine-tune” their performance.Last year’s champions got through a hard fought game against Arravale Rovers in Holycross yesterday, winning on a scoreline of 12 points to 9 to keep their title defence on track.And Laffan says the break between fixtures can only benefit his side. In the other quarter final at the weekend, Thomas McDonaghs beat South Champions Killenaule by 1-9 to 8 points.
Week 13 – The New Orleans Saints clinch the NFC South division title. Week 15 – Drew Brees sets the record for most career touchdown passes by an NFL player. Week 16 – Michael Thomas sets the record for most receptions in a single season in the NFL. It has been a good couple of weeks for the New Orleans Saints.Also Read | Drew Brees Surpasses Peyton Manning, Sets All-time NFL Record In Saints’ Win Over Colts Last Updated: 23rd December, 2019 16:29 IST Michael Thomas Breaks NFL Record For Most Receptions In A Single Season, Saints Celebrate New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas headed into the game against the Tennessee Titans with 133 catches, on the verge of making NFL history. Michael Thomas set the single-season catch record with his 11th reception from Drew Brees in the fourth quarter. Moments later, the Saints wide receiver recorded a two-yard touchdown to cap off his record-breaking display on the night. That was Michael Thomas’ ninth touchdown of the season. In Week 17, the New Orleans Saints face off against the Carolina Panthers. Michael Thomas headed into the game against the Titans on 133 catches. With the Saints wide receiver currently on 145 catches after the win over the Titans, could we see the 2018 First-team All-Pro solidify his record and get to 150 catches to end the regular season? The New Orleans Saints are in blistering form this season. Therefore, Michael Thomas getting to 150 receptions remains a possibility. After all, the Saints have made it a habit of marching over their opponents and setting NFL records in the process. Also Read | NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars Release Top Executive After Pressure From NFLPAAlso Read | NFL Pro Bowl 2020 Rosters: Baltimore Ravens Tie Pro Bowl Record, Lamar Jackson Leads NFL: Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas writes his name in the history booksHeading into Week 16 of the 2019-20 NFL season, Hall of Fame wide receiver Marvin Harrison held the record for most catches in a season. The record stood since 2002. However, with his 144th catch of the season against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at the LP Field, Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas now holds the aforementioned record. Interestingly, Saints quarterback Drew Brees also had a hand in Michael Thomas’ record-breaking display against the Titans. Also Read | Antonio Brown Throws Shade At Tom Brady With A WILD Proclamation On Twitter WATCH US LIVE Written By LIVE TV First Published: 23rd December, 2019 16:29 IST COMMENT Colin DCunha SUBSCRIBE TO US FOLLOW US read more
6 of the Best: Square in the Air’s Romilly Evans October 17, 2019 Share Submit Related Articles Industry communications specialist Square in the Air (SITA) has been listed as one of the UK’s fastest growing PR agencies by marketing news source PRWeek.The London-based agency, which specializes in communications and outreach for betting stakeholders, was listed 109th in PRWeek’s ‘Top 150 PR Index’, reporting a ‘client revenue growth rate of +31%’.SITA’s ranking would see the specialist agency list as the tenth-highest new entrant of PRWeek’s index.Founded in 2006 by former Sporting Index marketing executive Bill Esdaile, SITA seeks to lead and improve communications between the sports betting sector and media/news publishers.SITA industry clients include; Betway, NetEnt, Clarion Gaming and Better Collective.“As a specialist agency, it is a fantastic achievement to make the PRWeek Top 150 and we are especially pleased to be out-performing the sector on revenue growth,” said Square in the Air managing director Bill Esdaile.“The accomplishment is a testament to the team’s year-round hard work, faultless client service and non-stop quest for creativity.” National Lottery seeks ‘local appeal’ for 25th anniversary November 12, 2018 Share SBC Awards: The key to an effective submission August 28, 2020 StumbleUpon read more
Betfred counters Oppenheimer bid in race to rescue Phumelela August 26, 2020 Share Submit Share StumbleUpon Related Articles Betfred boosts US racing coverage with XB Net deal renewal August 10, 2020 Betfred extends World Snooker Championship deal until 2022 August 17, 2020 Filing its 2017/18 corporate accounts with Companies House, UK bookmaker Betfred has declared an operating loss of £40 million.Publishing its corporate performance for the year-ending 30 September 2018, Betfred governance has attributed circa £120 million in ‘exceptional costs’ attached to retail writedowns, as the bookmaker is forced to adjust to UK betting’s FOBTs £2 wagering reduction.The results see Betfred post a further year of corporate losses, with the bookmaker having declared 2016/17 operating loss of £14 million attributed to increased costs and higher tax adjustments.Despite reporting consecutive yearly losses, Betfred declares improved topline metrics, with the betting group increasing its 2017/18 corporate revenues by 15% to £728 million (2016/17: £634m).In its filing, Betfred governance details that corporate revenue performance has been driven by an ‘expansion of retail estates’ combined with an ‘increase in online customers’.Reporting on corporate earnings before exceptional costs, Betfred records a group EBITDA of £120 million, up 43% on 2016/17’s £83 million.An audit breakdown reveals that Betfred paid £155 million in tax charges during the period, in which the bookmaker paid £55 million in betting duties, £87 million in gaming machine charges and further £13 million towards UK racing’s statutory betting levy.In its strategic report, Betfred governance details a year of external changes, as the bookmaker ceased its UK racing on-course betting operations, as its management of horseracing pools ended.Moving forward, Betfred governance details that it will maintain ‘tight control of overheads’, as the company continues to review its retail estates and optimise the performance of its online business. read more
Trevor Bauer departs Indians disagreeing with clubhouse impact concern Is top Dodgers pitching prospect Dustin May’s MLB debut part of an October audition? Bell will serve his suspension starting Thursday and Hurdle will begin his on Friday.The full brawl began in the top of the ninth inning Tuesday, when Garrett charged the Pirates’ dugout. However, tensions were sparked in the seventh inning when Kela threw a ball over Dietrich’s head.It’s the second brawl between the two clubs, the first coming in April after Dietrich admired one of his home runs during a game in Pittsburgh. On top of the suspensions, those six players and both managers got undisclosed fines. Pirates pitcher Trevor Williams, Reds first baseman Joey Votto and Reds outfielder Phillip Ervin were fined, as well.Several other players who were involved in the brawl while on the injured list have been fined, too.“The incidents between these two clubs remain a source of concern, and it’s reflected by the level of discipline we are handing down today,” MLB chief baseball officer Joe Torre said in a statement. “Everyone on the field should be aware of the example they are setting for fans, particularly young people. I firmly expect these two managers and all others to hold their players accountable for appropriate conduct and to guide them in the right direction.”All six players have elected to appeal their suspensions and will be able to play until those appeals are resolved. A whopping eight members of the Pirates and Reds (and Indians) organizations were hit with suspensions Thursday after their benches-clearing brawl during Tuesday’s game.Six players and both managers received varying suspensions, with Reds manager David Bell getting hit with six games and Pirates skipper Clint Hurdle receiving two. Pittsburgh pitcher Keone Kela received the largest suspension of 10 games for “intentionally throwing a pitch in the area of the head of Derek Dietrich”, while Cincinnati pitcher Amir Garrett got an eight-game ban for initiating the brawl by charging the Pirates’ dugout from the mound.Pirates infielder José Osuna received a five-game suspension, while Reds pitcher Jared Hughes, Pirates pitcher Kyle Crick and former Reds outfielder Yasiel Puig, who now is with the Indians, each received a three-game suspension. Related News read more
On 24 February at 5 p.m. in sports hall Mojmilo, basketball match between Bosna ASA BH Telecom and OKK Borac will be played as a part of 18th round of Basketball League 12.This match will be the opportunity for Bosna from Sarajevo to keep it leadership position, but they will have a rather hard time since OKK Borac is a tough team.